First day passed. WOW! First thing in the morning was easy, lunch was bearable and at last, the evening was intolerable. Beth and I was very lethargic. I learned that this fasting is not for everyone. Bethany struggled the most because she enjoys food and she sees it as a fun activity. She is one brave woman and I admire her for her hard work and effort.
On the other hand, I am doing just AWESOME!
No..really, I am not kidding! Bethany and I agreed that I would struggled or failed at this because I am the one that has the tendency to eat "bad junky" food. I tend to eat midnight snack, and eat three in the morning, have snack between each meals, BBQ food and my nickname was "Cookie Monster". We both were proud that we made Day 1.
I noticed that my body suddenly is changing. When you eat solid food, it takes time to digest the food and of course, it takes more time when you feel full. That is when overeating occurs. When you drink the fruits and veggies juice, you feel full much quicker. One cup is almost equal full plate of veggies and fruits. Can you image how many calories compare to McDonald's meal to a full plate of healthy veggies and fruits? Here is an idea....
Now just remember, everyone is different. For example, Bethany and I are facing different results She is always hungry and I am always full when we drink our juice.
First day, I woke up 7 AM sharp and was waiting for Bethany to get up because I want to experience this fasting with her. While I was waiting for her, I began to start this blog and I want to share our experience with friends and families. My goal is to motivate others that they can do it too.
Bethany woke up around 10 AM and yes...she loves to sleep in. We took pictures of ourselves before we started our fasting ( Warning: view might be unpleasant)
Oh Momma Mia!
Bethany and I were shocked after we looked at our pictures. Now is the time to CHANGE our body!
Bethany's beginning weight was138.4
Frederick's beginning weight was 229.4
We made our first juice called, " Very Berry Elixir"
-1 cup Strawberries
-1 cup Raspberries
-1/2 cup Blueberries
-1 Cucumber Whole
-1 Tbsp. Agave Nectar
That was yummy! This gives you a boost of energy and it is very filling.
Fred score 5 out of 5.
Beth score 4 out of 5
Our Lunch is called, "Carrot Limeade Juice"
-6 Carrots
-1 Cucumber
- 2 Apples
- Thumb size Ginger
-1/2 Lime
We both agree that ginger was little too much.
Fred score 4 out of 5.
Beth score 3 out of 5
Then our dinner was called, " Mean Green Juice".
- 1 Cucumber
- 4 Celery Stalks
- 2 Apples
- 6 Kale Leaves
- 1/2 Lemon
- 1/2 in. Ginger
If you LOVE celery, then this is for you! I have to tell you that I am not big fan of celery. The taste was a huge buzz kill! Bethany like this drink and she wants to make this again later for the week. Oh boy, help me!!!
Fred score 2 out of 5
Beth score 4 out of 5
That night was pure torture! Super Bowl night with all the food commercials and facebook pictures of our friend's super bowl food such as wings, pizza, cheese dip with chips, pop and vice versa.
That did not help!
But!!! we went through Day ! 9 more days to go!
God bless
Frederick














No comments:
Post a Comment